problem with aspnet exiting

Guest

When trying to debug an ASP.NET project by placing a breakpoint in one of the
functions in the codebehind, VS correctly stops at the breakpoint, and I can
step through. But soon after, the process stops dead and can't be stepped
through anymore (even though there is no error) - I'm guessing that the
aspnet_wp.exe is detecting that if it's inactive for a period of n seconds or
so, then it exits until it gets another request.

Is there anyway of making it not do this, as it means I can only debug for a
maximum of about 20 seconds!

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Hi Bonj,

Do you see anything from ASP.NET in the Application log?

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
ASP.NET Developer Support
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?Qm9uag==?=" <[email protected]>
| Subject: problem with aspnet exiting
| Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:19:02 -0800
| Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.c
sharp

| When trying to debug an ASP.NET project by placing a breakpoint in one of
the
| functions in the codebehind, VS correctly stops at the breakpoint, and I
can
| step through. But soon after, the process stops dead and can't be stepped
| through anymore (even though there is no error) - I'm guessing that the
| aspnet_wp.exe is detecting that if it's inactive for a period of n
seconds or
| so, then it exits until it gets another request.
|
| Is there anyway of making it not do this, as it means I can only debug
for a
| maximum of about 20 seconds!

Jeff Dillon

So your browser is still open, yet the debugger stops?

The debugger usually stops as soon as you close the browser session.

Jeff

Bonj

So your browser is still open, yet the debugger stops?

I've noticed it do that before, yes. Isn't doing at the moment though...
don't want to speak too soon, but touch wood it might not try any funny
business.