problem with impersonation using LogonUser

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Swati, May 11, 2004.

  1. Swati

    Swati Guest

    Hello All

    This is what I am tring to do:
    I have some folders shared for specific users on network.
    Now from my web appl I have to access them.
    I am using forms authentication.
    I am trying to use the LogonUser call from my cs file so that i can
    log on as the network user.
    I create a windowsprincipal object using the token returned from this
    method in my code and attach it to the httpcontext.
    I do not get any errors or exceptions. The Identity.Name returns the
    correct name.
    The user has permissions on the network for that share but from my web
    app I cannot access the folders.But from my web app I cannot access
    the folders .. I get an access denied error.
    Any idea whats lacking?
    I am using Win2k and I have set the aspnet user to "Act as OS" or
    whatever that setting is required.
    Any help will be useful.

    thnx,
    Swati