Problem with my Published web service

John Wright

I have created a web service that will validate a username/password
combination against LDAP. I encrypt the username/password, send it to my
web service which decrypts the username/password, validates the user against
LDAP and returns some properties about the user to the client. When I test
the application in Visual Studio the client runs just fine. When I deploy
the service to my Local IIS, none of the methods work. I suspect it has to
do with the IUSER account, but I am not sure. Does anyone have any idea
what to check for so this web service will run via IIS? I suspect I need to
run the web service via IIS. Since this was a test box, I gave my IUSER
account full admin rights to see if that helped, but I got the same result,
so I put the IUSER account's permissions back. I know the web service
works I have tested it, I just can't get it to work on IIS. Any
suggestions?

John

John Wright

Here is the error I get:

System.Exception: Error Getting user information. --->
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80005000): Unknown error
(0x80005000) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean
throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at
System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() at
System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll(Boolean findMoreThanOne)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll() at
UserValidation.UserExists(String UserName, String Domain, String strDC) ---
End of inner exception stack trace --- at UserValidation.UserExists(String
UserName, String Domain, String strDC) at Service.CheckUserName(String
UserName, String Domain, String DC)