problem with Tix in Python2.5

gordon

hi
i have been using some Tix widgets in my gui code in Python2.5 and
they used to work without any problems.Now all of a sudden i am
getting error messages like
"couldn't read file "E:/Python25/tcl/tix8.4/ChkList.tcl": no such file
or directory....
This probably means that Tix wasn't installed properly."

why is this happening?Do i have to reinstall python2.5? or can i
reinstall Tix alone to my existing python installation?Can someone
help?
thanks
gordon

Fredrik Lundh

gordon said:
i have been using some Tix widgets in my gui code in Python2.5 and
they used to work without any problems.Now all of a sudden i am
getting error messages like
"couldn't read file "E:/Python25/tcl/tix8.4/ChkList.tcl": no such file
or directory....
This probably means that Tix wasn't installed properly."

why is this happening?Do i have to reinstall python2.5? or can i
reinstall Tix alone to my existing python installation?Can someone
help?

assuming that you installed Python 2.5 on E:, it sure looks as if your
Python installation is broken. reinstalling should fix that.

</F>

gordon

assuming that you installed Python 2.5 on E:, it sure looks as if your
Python installation is broken. reinstalling should fix that.

</F>

thanks
i couldn't find any binary distribution of tix8.4.So i think i have to
reinstall python.
i also have numpy and PIL installed.If i reinstall python on top of
the current python directory will i lose them?
gordon

Martin v. Löwis

i couldn't find any binary distribution of tix8.4.So i think i have to
reinstall python.
i also have numpy and PIL installed.If i reinstall python on top of
the current python directory will i lose them?

You should run a "repair" installation. In Add-and-remove-programs,
select Python, then Repair.

Regards,
Martin