Problem with Tomcat 4 and 5 on Solaris

DEV

Hi,

We have a JSP application that runs fine on both Tomcat 4 and 5 hosted
on Win XP but behaves abnormally when Tomcat is run on Solaris. The
application features entry point login page used to authenticate user
to the application server. If a login is successful the application
displays other JSP page containing frames. The login page always seems
to work ok and the application server registers successful user login.
However, in Solaris case, after successful login an empty frame page
appears in the browser and then the browser completely freezes after it
must be killed from the task manager. Same can be reproduced in IE and
FireFox.

Again, when Tomcat is run on XP, everything is working ok. Neither
Tomcat logs or application logs indicate any errors or anomalies. We've
enabled extended Tomcat logging and in the log could not find anything
related to the issue. The log indicates that all classes get loaded
successfully and there are no code exceptions

Can you suggest where to start looking for the cause?

Manish Pandit

Hi,

Are you running your tomcat behind apache via the connectors, or
hitting it directly? Is your 1st page a JSP itself, or is that an HTML
that leads to a JSP via login submit?

Assuming your 1st page is a non-JSP, you might wanna check and see if
your tomcat's work folder has the compiled JSP of your framed page (not
precompiled, but the ones that you've accessed so far) and when all
seems right, clean the work folder and see if the JSP(s) compile.

-cheers,
Manish

DEV

We are hitting it directly. The login page is HTML form which posts to
JSP page and that JSP page either prints an error if login invalid or
opens another JSP page with 3 frames, each frame is also a JSP page.
These pages seem to be compiled ok. This matches what we see in the
Tomcat log.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dev