Problem with validation controls in live environment

Guest

In my development environment, the validation controls work fine.
(Incidentally, i am using almost all of them). However, when i deploy my
ASP.NET application to the live production environment, using VS .NET's "Copy
Project" feature, which copys only the files necessary to run on another
machine, the validation controls simply disappear.

For example, when i click SUBMIT to submit a form that's empty, the
validation controls don't do anything, and the form is submitted.

What am i doing wrong, that causes the validation controls to not work when
copying to the live production environment?

Guest

Ian,

i'm sorry to ask, but how do i find this out? My machine is a Windows 2003
Server and i believe it came w/ .NET 1.1 installed.

Thanks,

Brock Allen

Well, double-check that ASP.NET's installed. The validation controls rely
upon a seperate directory on the webserver for their supplemental files.
On my machine that's here:

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client

The absence of that directory *might* explain the problem.

Guest

Excuse the lapse. Thanks.

Brock Allen said:
Well, double-check that ASP.NET's installed. The validation controls rely
upon a seperate directory on the webserver for their supplemental files.
On my machine that's here:

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client

The absence of that directory *might* explain the problem.

kareemmostafa

Also you can run this command from the Visual Studio command prompt:
aspnet_regiis -i this command reinstalls all the JavaScript files back
on, which are responsible for the validation among other things.

Kareem Mostafa