Problem with Windows service application

Stephen

Hi,

I have created a windows service and I make entries into eventlog as well as
created a file for writing "Errors", it ran fine until i observed 2
conditions:

1. sufficient space was not allocated on eventlog and it wrote this to
"error file" and from this point on, it was not working.... but if i go to
"Services" the service still says started but nothing happens.... (increased
the space and overwrite after 7 days)

2. If the service bombs for some reason then it does nothing.... but if i
go to "Services" the service still says started

unless i see the "error log file", i cant say whether the service is working
or not
Can someone please suggest me how to stop the service when the "Service"
errors out?

Thanks,
Stephen