Problem with Windows service application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Stephen, Mar 7, 2006.

  1. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    Hi,

    I have created a windows service and I make entries into eventlog as well as
    created a file for writing "Errors", it ran fine until i observed 2
    conditions:

    1. sufficient space was not allocated on eventlog and it wrote this to
    "error file" and from this point on, it was not working.... but if i go to
    "Services" the service still says started but nothing happens.... (increased
    the space and overwrite after 7 days)

    2. If the service bombs for some reason then it does nothing.... but if i
    go to "Services" the service still says started

    unless i see the "error log file", i cant say whether the service is working
    or not
    Can someone please suggest me how to stop the service when the "Service"
    errors out?

    Thanks,
    Stephen

    Stephen, Mar 7, 2006