Problems running on HP Intel duo core machine

jim-on-linux

py help,

I produced a program that runs on windows.
One client is using an HP machine with an Intel cpu
E2200 @ 2.2ghz., and with .99 G ram.
The machine is using Win XP Pro 32 bit OS with service
pack 2

I ran Dependency Walker and everything is OK.

I used py2exe to build the exe file with bundle
files:1 and also 3, with the same traceback results.

I created a test print module that imports both
win32api and win32ui modules and its only job is to
print a page of text.

The first module that is imported is win32api.
line 8 of that module adds to the path the module named
'win32api.pyd'.
The import is is completed without error.

The next module that is imported is win32ui.
line 8 of that module adds to the path a module named
'win32ui.pyd'.
The search for the win32ui.pyd module seems to be the
cause of the problem.
Traceback:
ImportError: Dll load failed: The specified module
could not be found.

Both modules 'win32api.pyd' and win32ui.pyd are in the
same directory.

Below is a copy of the win32ui.py module. The only
difference between this and win32api.py module is the
name that is installed when creating the path.

def __load():
import imp, os, sys
try:
dirname = os.path.dirname(__loader__.archive)
except NameError:
dirname = sys.prefix
path = os.path.join(dirname, 'win32ui.pyd')
#print "py2exe extension module", __name__, "->",
path
mod = imp.load_dynamic(__name__, path)
## mod.frozen = 1
__load()
del __load

The only difference I can find is that this program
works fine on every machine that it is tried on except
the HP duo core machine, with Intel E2200 cpu.
Somehow the path is affected?

I've tried all of the suggestions and checked a lot of
things but I'm not there yet, Any suggestions would
be helpful.

jim-on-linux

Aaron Brady

[...]

Is this your complete traceback? It is possible 'win32ui.pyd' is
trying to load something else it can't find.