problems with documentation

bobueland

I'm using standard widows xp installation of Python 2.4.2. I tried to
find some help for print and entered

and then chose

help> print

Sorry, topic and keyword documentation is not available because the
Python
HTML documentation files could not be found. If you have installed
them,
please set the environment variable PYTHONDOCS to indicate their
location.

help>

I did set the environment variable PYTHONDOCS to C:\Python24\Doc (in
that folder I have Python24.chm) but got the same error. I then
downloaded html files and put them in PYTHONDOCS to C:\Python24\Doc
folder and then changed PYTHONDOCS to
C:\Python24\Doc\Python-Docs-2.4.2\doc but to no avail. What should I do
to get this to work?

Any ideas?

dylan.moreland

Set PYTHONDOCS to "C:\Python24\Doc\Python-Docs-2.4.2", and that should
work.

BartlebyScrivener

Still doesn't work for me. I've tried everything. I think it's because
PythonWin keeps trying to read the ActiveState .chm file, even if you
download the html files and set the PYTHONDOCS variable.

Oh well.

rpd

BartlebyScrivener

Specifically it's the TOPICS that I can't seem to get to work. The
keywords and modules etc do work. But if I type, e.g.,
help("functions") it says, "No documentation found" If I type
help("os") I get help on the os module.

rpd

Ron Rogers Jr.

BartlebyScrivener said:
Specifically it's the TOPICS that I can't seem to get to work. The
keywords and modules etc do work. But if I type, e.g.,
help("functions") it says, "No documentation found" If I type
help("os") I get help on the os module.

rpd

The TOPICS seem to be case sensitve so

help> assertion

would not work, but

help> ASSERTION

will.

Just figured this out myself, yesterday.

CronoCloud (Ron Rogers Jr.)