keyword help in Pythonwin interpreter

BartlebyScrivener

Using ActivePython 2.4.3 on Windows XP

While in the Pythonwin IDE, if I seek keyword help by issuing the
following command:

I get:

Sorry, topic and keyword documentation is not available because the
Python HTML documentation files could not be found. If you have
installed them, please set the environment variable PYTHONDOCS to
indicate their location.

My PYTHONDOCS variable is set to:

c:\python24\Doc\Python-Docs-2.4.2\ref

which appears to be correct (ie the help html files are installed
there).

Searching this group, I found someone else complaining about the same
behavior with no clear resolution.

http://tinyurl.com/pblev

Any advice?

rick

BartlebyScrivener

I should add that if I type:

It works fine. So it's finding the module documentation, but not the
keyword or topic.

Thanks

rick

Peter Otten

BartlebyScrivener said:
Using ActivePython 2.4.3 on Windows XP

While in the Pythonwin IDE, if I seek keyword help by issuing the
following command:

I get:

Sorry, topic and keyword documentation is not available because the
Python HTML documentation files could not be found. If you have
installed them, please set the environment variable PYTHONDOCS to
indicate their location.

My PYTHONDOCS variable is set to:

c:\python24\Doc\Python-Docs-2.4.2\ref

which appears to be correct (ie the help html files are installed
there).

Searching this group, I found someone else complaining about the same
behavior with no clear resolution.

http://tinyurl.com/pblev

Any advice?

Check if

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/991f1d19a36b8dda

applies.

Peter

BartlebyScrivener

Peter,

yields no result for me

But adding the "break" into the pydoc module didn't work either.

Mmm.

I'll toy with this later. Thanks for pointing me to the right spot in
the module.

rick