Problems with https.

Blinky the Shark

Luigi said:
I have tried to access the site https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com several
times for almost
an hour but I could not.
Yet, the pages are accessible over http.
Do you experience the same problem?
Thank you very much for your answer.

Okay here: Firefox, Opera, Konqueror, lynx.

lynx does show this, but the default yes gets me to the pages:

SSL error:unable to get local issuer certificate-Continue? (y)

Luigi Donatello Asero

Blinky the Shark said:
Okay here: Firefox, Opera, Konqueror, lynx.

lynx does show this, but the default yes gets me to the pages:

SSL error:unable to get local issuer certificate-Continue? (y)

So, this error shows that there is something wrong just now, doesn´it?.
By the way, I tried to open the page by IE.

Blinky the Shark

So, this error shows that there is something wrong just now, doesn´it?.

Obviously not anything fatal, with competent browsers that can be
configured to ignore or prompt the user when such is the case.
By the way, I tried to open the page by IE.

I suspected that, yes.

Oli Filth

Luigi said:
It does not have anything to do with search engines.

Then why post the link to a search engine?
Besides I have also noticed that www.google.se had indexed pages with https
For example

http://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&q=Formulär+Scaiecat+Spa+Gigi&meta=
Ok, but as you've just shown, not all search engines will bother to tell
you about a page if you type in the exact URI. e.g.:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Luigi Donatello Asero

Oli Filth said:
Then why post the link to a search engine?

As far as I remember I got the message by trying to open the page and not
posting the link to a search engine.

Blinky the Shark

What is wrong in your opinion? Is the certificate or IE which does not work
properly?

I don't know.
It did work before, actually, even with IE!

What other browsers have you tried on it? Surely you have other
browsers, mmmmm?

Yes.

======================

Mietpreise der Ferienwohnung 2 auf Sizilien in San Gregorio di Catania

Bitte gehen Sie direkt zum Hauptinhalt der Seite

Allgemeines

* Hilfe
* Sitemap

[...and so on]

======================

In Firefox, Opera, Konqueror, lynx and Links.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Blinky the Shark said:
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote: : doesn´it?.

I don't know.

What other browsers have you tried on it? Surely you have other
browsers, mmmmm?

I usually test first using IE 6.0 because the highest (relative) number of
accesses for
the site
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com ( statistics probably include figures
regarding both)

seems to be made using this browser
For example last week I had
5,272 accesses with MSIE 6.0; Windows 98 but only 261 with
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041108
Firefox/1.0 (19.44% )
Thus, if something goes wrong with IE or the site being displayed using it,
most of my
users cannot access the site.
However, I would rather that all the users could access my site and not only
the
ones using IE.
By saying that, I do not certainly mean that the website
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com is perfect, but only that I try to do my
best to make it more accessible.