Problems with https.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 4, 2005.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 4, 2005

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Oli Filth Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > I have tried to access the site https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com several
    > times for almost
    > an hour but I could not.
    > Yet, the pages are accessible over http.
    > Do you experience the same problem?
    > Thank you very much for your answer.

    Works fine in my browser.

    --
    Oli
    Oli Filth, Feb 4, 2005

  3. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Feb 4, 2005
  4. "Oli Filth" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > I have tried to access the site https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

    several
    > > times for almost
    > > an hour but I could not.
    > > Yet, the pages are accessible over http.
    > > Do you experience the same problem?
    > > Thank you very much for your answer.

    > Works fine in my browser.

    You can access the site over the https protocol?
    Why cannot I?
    Strange.

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/mietpreise-san-gregorio-di-catania.php
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 4, 2005
  5. "Mark Parnell" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Previously in alt.html, Luigi Donatello Asero
    > <> said:
    >
    > > I have tried to access the site https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

    several
    > > times for almost an hour but I could not.

    > Works fine here.

    What could it depend on that I can access the page
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/mietpreise-san-gregorio-di-catania.php
    over http

    but not https
    ( I could do it before!)?

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 4, 2005

    > "Oli Filth" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > > I have tried to access the site https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

    > several
    > > > times for almost
    > > > an hour but I could not.
    > > > Yet, the pages are accessible over http.
    > > > Do you experience the same problem?
    > > > Thank you very much for your answer.

    > > Works fine in my browser.

    Please have a look here
    http://search.msn.se/results.aspx?srch=105&FORM=AS5&q=https//www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/wusage5/

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 4, 2005
  7. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Oli Filth Guest

    Oli Filth, Feb 4, 2005
  8. "Oli Filth" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > >
    > > Please have a look here

    http://search.msn.se/results.aspx?srch=105&FORM=AS5&q=https//www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/wusage5/

    > What about it?

    It could not find the page.
    But I find http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/wusage5

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 4, 2005

    > "Oli Filth" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Please have a look here

    http://search.msn.se/results.aspx?srch=105&FORM=AS5&q=https//www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/wusage5/

    > > What about it?

    > It could not find the page.
    > But I find http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/wusage5

    The same with other pages.
    I can open
    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php
    but I cannot
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 4, 2005
  10. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Oli Filth Guest

    Oli Filth, Feb 4, 2005
  11. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > I have tried to access the site https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com several
    > times for almost
    > an hour but I could not.
    > Yet, the pages are accessible over http.
    > Do you experience the same problem?
    > Thank you very much for your answer.

    Okay here: Firefox, Opera, Konqueror, lynx.

    lynx does show this, but the default yes gets me to the pages:

    SSL error:unable to get local issuer certificate-Continue? (y)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Response To Extended Endless September:
    Now kill-filing posts made with User-Agent G2
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 4, 2005
  12. "Oli Filth" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > "Oli Filth" <> skrev i meddelandet

    http://search.msn.se/results.aspx?srch=105&FORM=AS5&q=https//www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/wusage5/

    > >>What about it?

    > > It could not find the page.
    > > But I find http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/wusage5
    > >

    > Welcome to another problem with HTTPS: most search engines don't index

    them.

    > --
    > Oli

    It does not have anything to do with search engines.
    I cannot access myself the page!
    Besides I have also noticed that www.google.se had indexed pages with https
    For example

    http://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&q=Formulär Scaiecat Spa Gigi&meta=

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 4, 2005
  13. "Blinky the Shark" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > I have tried to access the site https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

    several
    > > times for almost
    > > an hour but I could not.
    > > Yet, the pages are accessible over http.
    > > Do you experience the same problem?
    > > Thank you very much for your answer.

    > Okay here: Firefox, Opera, Konqueror, lynx.
    >
    > lynx does show this, but the default yes gets me to the pages:
    >
    > SSL error:unable to get local issuer certificate-Continue? (y)

    So, this error shows that there is something wrong just now, doesn´it?.
    By the way, I tried to open the page by IE.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 4, 2005
  14. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >> > I have tried to access the site https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

    > several
    >> > times for almost
    >> > an hour but I could not.
    >> > Yet, the pages are accessible over http.
    >> > Do you experience the same problem?
    >> > Thank you very much for your answer.

    >> Okay here: Firefox, Opera, Konqueror, lynx.

    >> lynx does show this, but the default yes gets me to the pages:

    >> SSL error:unable to get local issuer certificate-Continue? (y)

    > So, this error shows that there is something wrong just now, doesn´it?.

    Obviously not anything fatal, with competent browsers that can be
    configured to ignore or prompt the user when such is the case.

    > By the way, I tried to open the page by IE.

    I suspected that, yes.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 4, 2005
  15. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Oli Filth Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > "Oli Filth" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >
    >>Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Oli Filth" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > http://search.msn.se/results.aspx?srch=105&FORM=AS5&q=https//www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/wusage5/

    >>>It could not find the page.
    >>>But I find http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/wusage5
    >>>

    >>Welcome to another problem with HTTPS: most search engines don't index

    > them.
    >
    >>--
    >>Oli

    > It does not have anything to do with search engines.

    Then why post the link to a search engine?

    > Besides I have also noticed that www.google.se had indexed pages with https
    > For example
    >
    > http://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&q=Formulär Scaiecat Spa Gigi&meta=

    Ok, but as you've just shown, not all search engines will bother to tell
    you about a page if you type in the exact URI. e.g.:

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

    --
    Oli
    Oli Filth, Feb 4, 2005
  16. "Oli Filth" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > "Oli Filth" <> skrev i meddelandet

    http://search.msn.se/results.aspx?srch=105&FORM=AS5&q=https//www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/wusage5/

    > >>Welcome to another problem with HTTPS: most search engines don't index

    > > them.
    > >
    > >>--
    > >>Oli

    > > It does not have anything to do with search engines.

    > Then why post the link to a search engine?

    As far as I remember I got the message by trying to open the page and not
    posting the link to a search engine.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 4, 2005
  17. "Blinky the Shark" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > "Blinky the Shark" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > > several

    > >> Okay here: Firefox, Opera, Konqueror, lynx.

    > >> lynx does show this, but the default yes gets me to the pages:

    > >> SSL error:unable to get local issuer certificate-Continue? (y)

    > > So, this error shows that there is something wrong just now, doesn´it?.

    > Obviously not anything fatal, with competent browsers that can be
    > configured to ignore or prompt the user when such is the case.

    What is wrong in your opinion? Is the certificate or IE which does not work
    properly?
    It did work before, actually, even with IE!
    Can you show
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/mietpreise-san-gregorio-di-catania.php
    over https?
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 4, 2005

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > >
    > > > "Blinky the Shark" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > > several

    > > > So, this error shows that there is something wrong just now,

    doesn´it?.

    > > Obviously not anything fatal, with competent browsers that can be
    > > configured to ignore or prompt the user when such is the case.

    > What is wrong in your opinion? Is the certificate or IE which does not

    work
    > properly?
    > It did work before, actually, even with IE!
    > Can you show

    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/mietpreise-san-gregorio-di-catania.php
    > over https?

    Using IE, I mean

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 4, 2005
  19. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    >> > "Blinky the Shark" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> > several

    >> > So, this error shows that there is something wrong just now, doesn´it?.

    >> Obviously not anything fatal, with competent browsers that can be
    >> configured to ignore or prompt the user when such is the case.

    > What is wrong in your opinion? Is the certificate or IE which does not work
    > properly?

    I don't know.

    > It did work before, actually, even with IE!

    What other browsers have you tried on it? Surely you have other
    browsers, mmmmm?

    > Can you show
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/mietpreise-san-gregorio-di-catania.php
    > over https?

    Yes.

    ======================

    Mietpreise der Ferienwohnung 2 auf Sizilien in San Gregorio di Catania

    Bitte gehen Sie direkt zum Hauptinhalt der Seite

    Allgemeines

    * Hilfe
    * Sitemap

    [...and so on]

    ======================

    In Firefox, Opera, Konqueror, lynx and Links.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 4, 2005

    :

    doesn´it?.

    > >> Obviously not anything fatal, with competent browsers that can be
    > >> configured to ignore or prompt the user when such is the case.

    > > What is wrong in your opinion? Is the certificate or IE which does not

    work
    > > properly?

    > I don't know.
    >
    > > It did work before, actually, even with IE!

    > What other browsers have you tried on it? Surely you have other
    > browsers, mmmmm?

    I usually test first using IE 6.0 because the highest (relative) number of
    accesses for
    the site
    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com ( statistics probably include figures
    regarding both)

    seems to be made using this browser
    For example last week I had
    5,272 accesses with MSIE 6.0; Windows 98 but only 261 with
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041108
    Firefox/1.0 (19.44% )
    Thus, if something goes wrong with IE or the site being displayed using it,
    most of my
    users cannot access the site.
    However, I would rather that all the users could access my site and not only
    the
    ones using IE.
    By saying that, I do not certainly mean that the website
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com is perfect, but only that I try to do my
    best to make it more accessible.

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)