Problems with new Entry Point

Paul H

Hey all.

I have a problem with a DLL written in VC++ 6.00. There are 5 existing
entry points, and I'm trying to create a new one. I've copied the
syntax of the existing code - I have a method that looks like this:

double WINAPI getElapsedSecs()
{
return elapsedSecs;
}

and a declaration that sits with the other declaration and looks like
this:

extern "C" double WINAPI getElapsedSecs();

I rebuild the DLL, and everything seems to have compiled ok. However,
when the .NET parent program tries to call this entry point, I get an
EntryPointNotFoundException.

When I run DUMPBIN -exports against the recompiled DLL, it lists only
the 5 original entry points. I tried commenting out the declaration of
one of the existing functions:

extern "C" int WINAPI importIdxData(char, char, int);

and recompiling, but DUMPBIN still continues to show the 5 original
entry points.

What am I missing here? Where else do I need to declare my new entry
point?

Many thanks

Paul Hutchinson

Victor Bazarov

Paul said:
Hey all.

I have a problem with a DLL written in VC++ 6.00. [..]

Wrong newsgroup. You need one that deals with Windows DLL
programming. See FAQ 5.9 for suggestions.