Problems with TreeView

Juan

Hi everyone,

we have several applications that make intensive use of the TreeView
control. When we try to access those applications from the internal network,
everything work like a charm. We also have published those apps so our
potential clients can see and test them from an external IP address. And
here comes the bug: whenever you try and open a page with a TreeView control
in it, we get the infamous error:

"There is invalid data at the root level. Line 1, position 1.

Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: There is invalid data at the
root level. Line 1, position 1."

I have read searching the web that this is normally caused when the TreeView
control tries to access the XML file that is used to build the tree.
However, in our apps (and I believe is the most popular option) the XML is
built dinamically from data obtained from a SQL database. We also have all
the IIS authentication settings set to "None".

Any ideas??? For me, the most chocking thing is that it works when called
from internal IPs, and not from extenal IPs.

Thanks, from Spain

CMA

try to secure ur site and see.
in the client browser, >>tools>>options>>security>>truested sites>> sites>>
and add ur site there..

CMA

Mr Bergius

Hi!

We have the exact same problem with the TreeView server component. It
works perfectly on the local network, but the "root level" error
occures when the pages are accessed from the WAN..

I've searched all over the internet but have not (jet) found any GOOD
solution.. Please help!

Marshal Antony

If you use SSL,make sure you don't have any problems with the certificate
you are using.
If you have problems with the certificate you are using XML from outside in
your code can be a problem.
Hope this helps.
Marshal Antony
..NET Developer