    Thanks,
    Doug
    , Feb 6, 2007

  2. On Feb 7, 5:46 am, wrote:
    > Good Afternoon!

    > Also, I had this posted the wrong group before, so sorry if you
    > already read this.

    Uggh. My bad. I should have read further,
    sorry about that.

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Feb 6, 2007

  3. ck Guest

    On Feb 6, 11:46 pm, wrote:
    > Good Afternoon!
    >
    > I am trying to write a form processor in java that can handle a
    > select
    > box with mutiple options selected. The problem that I am having is
    > when I call request.getParameter("state") I only get the first option
    > that has been selected. The data is being sent with a POST, but if I
    > change to a get I have the same problem. The end solution has to be
    > POST because I have to interface with some other software that
    > requires a POST action.
    >
    > Also, I had this posted the wrong group before, so sorry if you
    > already read this.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Doug

    If you are talking about html select, where you can select multiple
    items. Try this form like this

    <form name="form1" id="form1">
    <select name="menu1" size="2" multiple="multiple">
    <option>1</option>
    <option>2</option>
    <option>3</option>
    <option>gfsgdg</option>
    </select>
    </form>

    In the servlet you can request it from request object.

    request.getParameters("menu1")

    Ck
    http://www.gfour.net
    ck, Feb 6, 2007

    That does not seem to do the trick.

    Here is the code that I tried:

    <form method="POST" action="printer.jsp">
    <select class="FORMshrt2" multiple="multiple" SIZE="4"
    NAME="Question38592__FORMTEXT22" ID="Question38592__FORMTEXT22">
    <option value="AnswerName&=|=X|%%%AnswerValue&=|=X|%%%GDEAnswerValue&=|
    TG_SEARCH_ALL=X|???" SELECTED>All</option>
    <option VALUE="AnswerName&=|00100=X|%%%AnswerValue&=|00100=X|%%
    %GDEAnswerValue&=|=X|???">00100</option>
    <option VALUE="AnswerName&=|00603=X|%%%AnswerValue&=|00603=X|%%
    %GDEAnswerValue&=|=X|???">00603</option>
    </select>
    </form>

    Here is the code printing the data in printer.jsp:
    out.println( " ****** " +
    request.getParameter("Question38592__FORMTEXT22") + " ******** ");

    Here is what it produces when you select all of the values in the drop
    down:
    ****** AnswerName&=|=X|%%%AnswerValue&=|=X|%%%GDEAnswerValue&=|
    TG_SEARCH_ALL=X|??? ********

    It only picks up the very first selection.

    Did I do somehting wrong?

    Thanks,
    Doug
    , Feb 6, 2007
  5. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > request.getParameter("Question38592__FORMTEXT22") + " ******** ");
    > It only picks up the very first selection.
    >
    > Did I do somehting wrong?

    request.getParameterValues()
    <http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/servlet/ServletRequest.html#getParameterValues(java.lang.String)>

    - Lew
    Lew, Feb 7, 2007
  6. ck Guest

    On Feb 7, 9:33 am, Lew <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > request.getParameter("Question38592__FORMTEXT22") + " ******** ");
    > > It only picks up the very first selection.

    > > Did I do somehting wrong?

    > request.getParameterValues()
    > <http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/servlet/ServletRequest.ht...)>
    >
    > - Lew

    I am sorry about the incorrect method I posted previously. As Lew
    mentioned "request.getParameterValues()" should work.

    --
    Ck
    http://www.gfour.net
    ck, Feb 7, 2007