    How Can Anyone Increase Their Programming Skills .

    Thank u,
    jagadesh

    jagadesh, Feb 5, 2009

  2. jagadesh

    Lew Guest

    On Feb 5, 1:57 pm, "Peter Duniho" <>
    wrote:
    > On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 01:44:24 -0800, jagadesh <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > How Can Anyone Increase  Their Programming Skills .

    > Same way they get to Carnegie Hall.  Practice.

    The canonical punchline is, "Practice, practice, practice!"
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnegie_Hall#Folklore>

    There is a purpose to the repetition.

    Specifically, read tutorials, try the examples, create sample projects
    for yourself, read books, try the examples, create sample projects for
    yourself, engage a study partner, trade examples, create sample
    projects for yourselves.

    Pick one or two areas to practice at a time until you're comfortable
    with them. For example, I spent some time studying and trying JSF
    (Java Server Face). I spent some time likewise with JPA (the Java
    Persistence API), using as a sample project one where I'd used my own
    custom JDBC layer (three different ways) first. Lately I've been
    studying Java Enterprise portal application development (and
    deployment). I tried a "WeatherMap" example once I figured out how to
    install a portal server (OpenPortal, this time). Next it was time to
    create my own simple portal app.

    If you are just starting out with a programming language or
    environment, there are often online tutorials that provide excellent
    starting points. For example,
    <http://java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/>

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Feb 5, 2009

  3. jagadesh

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 01:44:24 -0800 (PST), jagadesh
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >How Can Anyone Increase Their Programming Skills .

    There is nothing like tackling a project a bit beyond your current
    abilities that uses technology you are not yet familiar with. It can
    be a miniature project. You don't learn than much doing the same
    thing over and over.

    See http://mindprod.com/project/projects.html
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    "Here is a point of no return after which warming becomes unstoppable
    and we are probably going to sail right through it.
    It is the point at which anthropogenic (human-caused) warming triggers
    huge releases of carbon dioxide from warming oceans, or similar releases
    of both carbon dioxide and methane from melting permafrost, or both.
    Most climate scientists think that point lies not far beyond 2°C (4°F) C hotter."
    ~ Gwynne Dyer

    Roedy Green, Feb 6, 2009