Proxy authentication failure

John

Hi

I am trying to access a web service from a desktop app which is running
behind an ISA Server (Windows 2003 network). The desktop app fails with the
message 'The request failed with HTTP status 470: Proxy authentication
required (The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfil the request.
Access to the Web Proxy Service is denied).

Where am I to provide the authentication for the calling app?

Thanks

Regards

bruce barker

hard to answer without knowing what the destop app is written in. anyway, on
a http request there are authenication headers for a proxy server. the .net
webclient library allows setting the proxy creditials.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

John

The client app is in vb.net and the second line below gives the error;

Dim ws As New com.mydomain.www.MyService
Dim ds = ws.MyWebMethod ' <== This line gives error

Any way to set authentication in this scenario?

Thanks

Regards