    Can anyone point me into some direction?

    Thanks
    Magnus

    Magnus Warker, Nov 18, 2011

  2. Magnus Warker

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 18:15:02 +0100, Magnus Warker
    said :

    >I would like to take a look at the source code of a proxy that acts like
    >www.kproxy.com, i. e. taking a URL in a text input field, retrieving the
    >URL's content and presenting it to the client, while maintaining all
    >functionality and links.

    I tried on one of my pages and all it did was display the page, taking
    longer than usual and adding an advertisement. Why would you want to
    do this? Is it an anonymiser?
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, Nov 18, 2011

  3. Magnus Warker

    Knorpi Guest

    Hi,

    this is what I want: Enter an URL in a text box and let a proxy fetch the page, where the proxy knows how to reach the internet (port and so on).

    Maybe this makes the access anonymous, I don't know.

    Where can I get the/some source code to see how it works?

    Thanks
    Magnus

    Knorpi, Nov 24, 2011
  4. Dead or alive?

    robert

    PS: Enter "web scraping" into your favorite search engine.

    Robert Klemme, Nov 24, 2011
  5. On 11-11-18 01:15 PM, Magnus Warker wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to take a look at the source code of a proxy that acts like
    > www.kproxy.com, i. e. taking a URL in a text input field, retrieving the
    > URL's content and presenting it to the client, while maintaining all
    > functionality and links.
    >
    > Can anyone point me into some direction?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Magnus

    If you are _specifically_ interested in doing things like kproxy -
    namely anonymization - then there are a number of online anonymity
    services that are open-source. Google "anonymizer". I2P would be one
    example.

    On the other hand, if you are interested in understanding the basics of
    forwarding proxies, and do not want to get all wrapped up in the
    complexities of anonymization, you could check out LittleProxy.

    AHS
    --
    You should know the problem before you try to solve it.
    Example: When my son was three he cried about a problem with his hand. I

    Arved Sandstrom, Nov 24, 2011