proxy source code wanted

Magnus Warker

Hi,

I would like to take a look at the source code of a proxy that acts like
www.kproxy.com, i. e. taking a URL in a text input field, retrieving the
URL's content and presenting it to the client, while maintaining all
functionality and links.

Can anyone point me into some direction?

Thanks
Magnus

Roedy Green

I would like to take a look at the source code of a proxy that acts like
www.kproxy.com, i. e. taking a URL in a text input field, retrieving the
URL's content and presenting it to the client, while maintaining all
functionality and links.

I tried on one of my pages and all it did was display the page, taking
longer than usual and adding an advertisement. Why would you want to
do this? Is it an anonymiser?

Knorpi

Hi,

this is what I want: Enter an URL in a text box and let a proxy fetch the page, where the proxy knows how to reach the internet (port and so on).

Maybe this makes the access anonymous, I don't know.

Where can I get the/some source code to see how it works?

Thanks
Magnus

Robert Klemme

Dead or alive?

robert

PS: Enter "web scraping" into your favorite search engine.

Arved Sandstrom

Hi,

I would like to take a look at the source code of a proxy that acts like
www.kproxy.com, i. e. taking a URL in a text input field, retrieving the
URL's content and presenting it to the client, while maintaining all
functionality and links.

Can anyone point me into some direction?

Thanks
Magnus
If you are _specifically_ interested in doing things like kproxy -
namely anonymization - then there are a number of online anonymity
services that are open-source. Google "anonymizer". I2P would be one
example.

On the other hand, if you are interested in understanding the basics of
forwarding proxies, and do not want to get all wrapped up in the
complexities of anonymization, you could check out LittleProxy.

AHS
--
You should know the problem before you try to solve it.
Example: When my son was three he cried about a problem with his hand. I