Public caching with basic auth

_jpg_

Hi,

I am currently having a problem where I require a client to cache a
response (web form), using cache-control: public, but ASP.NET is
always writing in a cache-control: private header. I believe this is
because I am using Basic Auth, however I still require the
cache-control: public header, and even if I do set it manually,
ASP.NET writes a private header afterwards (which is the one that is
used). Is there any configuration etc, or anyway to allow the public
caching strategy with Basic Auth?

Thanks

_jpg_