publishing a website security

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sunfire, Nov 12, 2007.

  1. Sunfire

    Sunfire Guest

    I was wondering exactly how secure publishing a website using vs2005 publish
    command would be with the make this website updatable box checked in the
    publish wizard compared to having it checked. The reason I ask, is because I
    have an index.aspx file doing nothing more than a
    Respons.Redirect("OtherFile.aspx"); to load the other file. I have to do it
    this way because having 2 index files in the website with code on them will
    break my code. The code that will break is in the master page load event:

    String FileName = Path.GetFileName(Request.Path);
    switch (FileName) {
    case: "index.aspx":
    This.MainMenu.Items[0].Enabled=false;
    break;
    //and so on through the whole Menu tree disabling the link
    //for the page you are already on.
    }

    Is there a better way of doing something like this?... just wondering how to
    get the index.aspx transfer to another page to work. I get "This page is a
    placemarker...." message when I try to run it...

    Sunfire, Nov 12, 2007