Publishing ASP.NET 2 with VS 2005 Express Edition - Where are the DLLs?

werdna.sivad

I just uninstalled VS 2005 Professional Beta 2 and replaced it with VS
Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and VS C++ 2005 Express Edition.

I am having problems publishing my ASP sites now. Namely, how do I do
it?

According to this article on MSDN,
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/377y0s6t.aspx, the Express Edition
does not let you use the Precompilation Publisher. So the question
then is, how do I?

I need to compile the site and produce a distributable output somehow.
ASP 1.1 was deployed with DLLs and ASPX pages. How do I get the DLL
output with ASP2 and VS2005?

Also, is there a difference between Debug and Release mode? I don't
see an option for this either.

Thanks

Bruce Barker

with the express versions, you will have to write your own build scripts.
see the aspnet_compiler.exe documentation.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)