Using VS 2005 Express Edition side by side with VS 2002

Guest

Hi everybody,

Can VS 2005 Express Edition run side-by-side without affecting each
others projects and applications, new and existing ones? Can you provide info
link where it is stated? Can I install any or all express edition without an
affect on existing applications and new application created using VS 2002.
Thanks.

den2005

Rick

You can use it side-by-side on different projects... but not the same
projects since the project files are not compatible.

Guest

Hi Rick,
What do you mean? When I create a project in VS 2002, I cannot open it in
VS 2005?

dennis

Rick

You can open it but it will insist on converting it to 2005 format. Once
converted, you cannot then open it again in 2002/2003.