VS 2005 and VS 2003 side-by-side

wl

Hi,

I'm currently useing VS.NET 2003 (and thus framework 1.1) but I now have the
VS 2005 beta.
Has anyone installed both side by side without problems ? I would hate to
have problems with my running VS.NET 2003 (and ASP.NET pages) because I want
to play around with a beta.

Any comment/experience is welcome !

Thanks,

Wim

Curt_C [MVP]

Can you....sure. Just remember it is a BETA... it can hose your system.
I recommend using Virtual PC and installing it in the VPC image, there by
saving your production environment.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Okay, I live dangerously... I have the beta installed here on my main
workstation side-by-side with VS.NET 2003.

I did ran into problems and had to reinstall VS.NET 2003 after installing VS
2005 beta. You might also find the Help is messed up.

If you can't afford a hassle or downtime, you should follow Curt's advice.
If you're a risk-taker....

Ken