    from the shared drive.

    thanks,
    navin
    navin, Oct 6, 2007

  2. navin

    PW Guest

    "navin" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > i am very new to creating websites. i have created a small site with
    > frontpage to be used internally in my office. i am trying to publish
    > the site from one of our shared drive.
    >
    > please tell me, how to publish the site, so that people can access it
    > from the shared drive.
    >
    > thanks,
    > navin

    If its within your office network, try something like ...

    http://<the servers IP address>/<the folder the webpages are in>/<the
    initial webpage name>

    e.g...

    http://111.222.333.444/mywebsite/index.htm
    PW, Oct 6, 2007

  3. PW wrote:

    > "navin" wrote:
    >> i am very new to creating websites. i have created a small site with
    >> frontpage to be used internally in my office. i am trying to publish
    >> the site from one of our shared drive.

    You say you are new, so you may not have heard that FrontPage is a
    terrible web tool. However, since it is for an intranet, I guess this is
    ok for now. For future, look into, as an example, the Kompozer.
    http://kompozer.net/

    >> please tell me, how to publish the site, so that people can access
    >> it from the shared drive.

    > If its within your office network, try something like ...
    >
    > http://<the servers IP address>/<the folder the webpages are in>/<the
    > initial webpage name>

    ...which would only work if the serving PC was running a web server.
    Apache, Microsoft IIS ...

    navin could publish locally, then copy all the files to the server,
    using the exact same directory tree structure.

    > e.g...
    >
    > http://111.222.333.444/mywebsite/index.htm

    file:///<shared-drive-letter>/<root>/<subdir>/index.html

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 6, 2007
  4. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > navin could publish locally, then copy all the files to the server,
    > using the exact same directory tree structure.
    >
    >> e.g...
    >>
    >> http://111.222.333.444/mywebsite/index.htm

    > file:///<shared-drive-letter>/<root>/<subdir>/index.html

    on the local system OR if one has mapped the share as a drive on all the
    clients else it will be:

    file://///<computer-name>/<root>/<subdir>/index.html

    Note: my SeaMonkey throws a couple more '/'s to your '///'

    file:///... fails and MS(Windows)IE save path in MS's flavor

    \\<computer-name>\<root>\<subdir>\index.html

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 6, 2007
  5. navin

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 06 Oct 2007 13:17:54 GMT
    navin scribed:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > i am very new to creating websites. i have created a small site with
    > frontpage to be used internally in my office. i am trying to publish
    > the site from one of our shared drive.
    >
    > please tell me, how to publish the site, so that people can access it
    > from the shared drive.

    A network shared drive? Technically, you shouldn't have to do anything and
    did too much already. Don't "publish" with Frontpage, just save the files
    and pass out the appropriate address.

    I keep an entire, intact copy of my website locally, and excepting a few
    absolute urls and such, it's just the same stand-alone files.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Oct 6, 2007