Publishing website & SQL Express DB

jsqrd

Hey gang,

A newbee here trying to publish my first website (developed using VS
2005 using a login control tied to a SQL express database).
Everything works fine, except the login. I suspect the database did
not transfer.

Can anyone provide insight on the proper methodology?

Thanks in advance for your help!

JJ

David Longnecker

JJ-

It depends on the error you're getting when you try to log into the site.

What usually gets people is the application name, especially if you're pushing
out the site to a remote host. Check out this article from Scott Guthrie
in regards to configuring the membership in the web.config:

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...P.NET-2.0-Membership-and-other-Providers.aspx

Another thing to check is the permissions on your App_Data directory on your
host. On my host, I had to manually configure RW on the directory and give
the accounts proper access.

-dl