Push XML data to Browser

Mark Goldin

I am trying to find a way of pushing XML data to the browser.
My application (Server side) generates XML data and populates a TreeView
with that data. I also need that data to be available on the client side.
I could create an html <xml> tag and pull data from the client.
That would work but database would be hit twice.
I tried to use an asp:textbox control using its defaulValue property.
That basically works. I am able to assign the whole xml string to that
property on the server
and read that property on the client.
I had to place that control behind another control in order to hide it.
There is a problem with that though:
As soon as the page goes back to the server I am getting an error that my
form has
a dangerous code. The error message is pointing to the text box which I use
deliver xml to the client.
Any idea if what I am doing can be done?

Thanks

avnrao

you can send the xml to the client as an xml island as you have already
done. and also store the xml in session (if its a small xml).
<XML ID=""><xmldata/></XML>

i'm not actually sure of your complete requirement.
hth,
Av.

Guest

Yes, but the question is how to populate that data island with data on the server side.