Put a variable in the <!-- --> directive

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Baffin Shea, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. Baffin Shea

    Baffin Shea Guest

    Dear All,

    The following script is generated by frontpage itself in order to insert
    menu.htm in the current .htm page:

    :
    <!--webbot bot="Include" U-Include="menu.htm" TAG="BODY" -->
    :

    I tried to change the "menu.htm" to a variable using asp like:

    <%
    menu=request("menu")
    %>
    <!--webbot bot="Include" U-Include="<%=menu%>" TAG="BODY" -->

    But it doesn't work, I search from the net and explain it will not work
    because the directive executes before asp assigns a value to the variable,
    but there is no solution, can anyone help? Thanks a lot.

    Regards,
    Baffin

    Baffin Shea, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Baffin Shea

    Baffin Shea Guest

    Dear Jason,

    I have tried your method, it doesn't work, any suggestion? Thank you.

    Regards,
    Baffin

    "Jason Melville" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
    :bjacsb$olv$...

    Baffin Shea, Sep 5, 2003

  3. This only runs at "design time" within the FrontPage Evironment. The
    file included is already inserted into the position before the file is
    uploaded to the server. The server has no part in the process.

    --

    Phillip Windell [CCNA, MVP, MCP]

    WAND-TV (ABC Affiliate)
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Sep 5, 2003
  4. Baffin Shea

    Mark Schupp Guest

    I am not completely sure (we drove a stake through the heart of FP here
    years ago) but I think that FP actually processes the webbot directives when
    an HTML file is uploaded through FP, not at runtime. If that is not the
    case, you could write out the HMTL file with the webbot directives you need
    and then re-direct to that file.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    --