PyCon Australia 2013 Early Bird registration and Accommodation dealsnow available!

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Neugebauer, Mar 27, 2013.

  1. tl;dr: PyCon Australia early bird registrations are now open! Find out
    more at http://2013.pycon-au.org/register/prices, including details of
    our accommodation programme.

    **

    PyCon Australia is excited to announce that early bird conference
    registrations are now available for our 2013 conference, to be held on
    Saturday 6 and Sunday 6 July in Hobart, Tasmania. Early bird
    registration will be extended to the first 80 confirmed conference
    registrations, or until Friday 3 May, whichever comes first.

    PyCon Australia is the national conference for students, enthusiasts
    and professionals working with the Python programming language; it
    represents a unique opportunity for Python developers to meet fellow
    developers, and gain knowledge from experts and core Python developers
    from around Australia and the world. Securing your registration during
    the early bird period ensures your place at all of the events that
    PyCon Australia has to offer.

    Early bird registration comes with a substantial discount for tickets
    at our "Enthusiast" and "Professional" rates. Early bird tickets at
    both the "Enthusiast" and "Professional" level are guaranteed a seat
    at our conference dinner. All tickets include access to the CodeWars
    event on Friday 5 July, and the post-conference sprints on Monday 8
    and Tuesday 9 July.

    Early bird registration starts at $44 for full-time students; $168 for
    enthusiasts and $420 for professionals.

    This year's conference also features two single-day miniconfs, being
    held on Friday 5 July: DjangoCon AU, the first national gathering of
    Australian Django developers; and the Python on OpenStack Day. Entry
    to these miniconfs is free for professional delegates, and $44 for
    students and enthusiasts.

    PyCon Australia has been working closely with our venue to provide a
    great conference experience; we're very pleased to be able to offer
    accommodation to delegates for the duration of the conference. We've
    secured an allocation of rooms within the Wrest Point complex. Rooms
    available to delegates start at $135 per night; rooms with wired
    internet access start at $157 per night.

    Information on conference registration, including details on how to
    book delegate accommodation through our preferred provider can be
    found at the PyCon Australia website (http://2013.pycon-au.org).

    Our conference Call for Proposals is still open, and will close on
    Friday 5 April.

    We can't wait to see you in Hobart in July!

    === About PyCon Australia ===

    PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python Programming
    Community. The fourth PyCon Australia will be held on July 5--7, 2013
    in Hobart, Tasmania, bringing together professional, student and
    enthusiast developers with a love for developing with Python. PyCon
    Australia informs the country’s Python developers with presentations,
    tutorials and panel sessions by experts and core developers of Python,
    as well as the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

    To find out more about PyCon Australia 2013, visit our website at
    http://pycon-au.org or e-mail us at .

    PyCon Australia is presented by Linux Australia (www.linux.org.au) and
    acknowledges the support of our Platinum sponsor: Australian Computer
    Society (Tasmanian Branch) (www.acs.org.au); and our Gold Sponsor,
    Google Australia (www.google.com.au). For full details of our
    sponsors, see our website.

    --Christopher Neugebauer
    Conference Coordinator and Sponsor Liaison

    PyCon Australia: Hobart 2013 -- http://pycon-au.org -- @pyconau
    5–7 July 2013; CFP now open: closes 5 April -- http://pycon-au.org/cfp

    Jabber: -- IRC: chrisjrn on irc.freenode.net --
    WWW: http://chris.neugebauer.id.au -- Twitter/Identi.ca: @chrisjrn
    Chris Neugebauer, Mar 27, 2013