PyCon Reminder: Early bird reg deadline 2/1

Discussion in 'Python' started by Guido van Rossum, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Info
    ----

    This is a reminder that the deadline for early bird registration for
    PyCon DC 2004 is February 1, 2004. Early bird registration is $175;
    after that, it will be $250 through March 17, then $300 at the door.
    (Note that a week ago I announced the wrong prices for non-early
    bird. :) To register, visit:

    http://www.pycon.org/dc2004/register/

    Plug
    ----

    PyCon is the most important conference in the year for me. It brings
    together the largest group of Python users and developers imaginable.
    I come to PyCon for many reasons: to meet with other core Python
    developers face to face; to hear about the exciting things that users
    from all over the world are doing with Python; to interact in person
    with Python users of all types, from newbies to veterans of many
    years; to hear everybody's feedback on where Python is and where
    they'd like it to go; and perhaps most of all to continue to encourage
    this wonderful community by my presence, words and actions to grow,
    reach out to new users of all kinds, and keep listening to each other.

    I hope everyone who comes to the conference will return from it with a
    new or renewed feeling of excitement about Python, whether they are
    developers, sophisticated users, beginners, or even skeptical
    passers-by. The Python community includes everyone, from grade
    schoolers just learning about computer science to renowned scientists
    interested in using the best tools and business people looking for a
    secret weapon.

    I'm looking forward to seeing you all at PyCon!

    Background
    ----------

    PyCon is a community-oriented conference targeting developers (both those
    using Python and those working on the Python project). It gives you
    opportunities to learn about significant advances in the Python
    development community, to participate in a programming sprint with some
    of the leading minds in the Open Source community, and to meet fellow
    developers from around the world. The organizers work to make the
    conference affordable and accessible to all.

    DC 2004 will be held March 24-26, 2004 in Washington, D.C. The keynote
    speaker is Mitch Kapor of the Open Source Applications Foundation
    (http://www.osafoundation.org/). There will be a four-day development
    sprint before the conference.

    We're looking for volunteers to help run PyCon. If you're interested,
    subscribe to http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/pycon-organizers

    Don't miss any PyCon announcements! Subscribe to
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/pycon-announce

    You can discuss PyCon with other interested people by subscribing to
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/pycon-interest

    The central resource for PyCon DC 2004 is
    http://www.pycon.org/

    Guido van Rossum, Jan 26, 2004