pydb 1.24

R. Bernstein

This release is to clear out some old issues. It contains some
bugfixes, document corrections, and enhancements. Tests were
revised for Python 2.6 and Python without readline installed. A bug
involving invoking from ipython was fixed. The "frame" command is a
little more like gdb's. Exceptions are now caught in runcall().

This is the last release contemplated before a major rewrite.

download:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=61395&package_id=175827

bug reports:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=61395&atid=497159

J Kenneth King

This release is to clear out some old issues. It contains some
bugfixes, document corrections, and enhancements. Tests were
revised for Python 2.6 and Python without readline installed. A bug
involving invoking from ipython was fixed. The "frame" command is a
little more like gdb's. Exceptions are now caught in runcall().

This is the last release contemplated before a major rewrite.

download:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=61395&package_id=175827

bug reports:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=61395&atid=497159

I watched the demo video, look forward to working with it. Any links to
that emacs front-end being used in the video?

Cheers and thanks!

R. Bernstein

J Kenneth King said:
I watched the demo video, look forward to working with it. Any links to
that emacs front-end being used in the video?

Cheers and thanks!

In short, the emacs code is bundled in with the tar and should be
installed when you run "make install"

However if you install from a Debian distribution, Alex Moskalenko has
done the work to make sure it will automatically be autoloaded from
emacs. And it looks like Manfred Tremmel for SuSE (packman) did so as
well. Mandriva gets kudos for being the first to make a package (RPM)
for version 1.24 -- the day of the release!

I'll dropping just a couple more names -- which is really my way to
say thank you to all these kind people. The Emacs code got improved
for Python as the result of Emacs some code and Python patches by
Alberto Griggio. When pydb "annotation" is set to level 3, what you
see is a bit more sophisticated than that shown in the demo.

Finally, largely through the efforts of Anders Lindgren, the most
sophisticated integration is in the emacs interface for the Ruby
debugger, ruby-debug. (Although to my mind that code is still little
bit incomplete.)

There's no reason that code couldn't be modified to work for Python as
well since the command interfaces between the two debuggers are very
much the same. Ideally common code would be pulled out and could be
used in other gdb-like debuggers as well (kshdb, zshdb, or
bashdb). All's it takes is someone to do the work! :)