Python 2.3 and Mac OS X

Ron Stephens

I am most pleased with Python 2.3 on Mac OS X!

A lot of stuff just plain works, "right out of the box", so to speak,
that I had to struggle with a bit in order to install and get working
properly, before. WxPython is notable in that category, and this helps
PythonCard installation and use quite nicely. Thanks to Guido and all
who contributed to Python 2.3!

Also, I am pleased that Python 2.3 will be an integral part of the
real-soon-now to be released Mac OS X 10.3, aka Panther. Python will
soon be as mature on Mac OS X as it has already been on Linux and
Windows.

Lastly, I also want to thank the contributors to PyObjC, the "bridge"
to allow easier use of the Mac's Aqua gui-interface using Python.
Although I am only beginning to play around with PyObjC, it is nice to
have it to play around with and it seems to be a very useful tool.