    Enrique (Madrid)

    **AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD**
    La información contenida en este mensaje y archivos es privada y confidencial estando dirigida solamente al destinatario. Si Ud. ha recibido esta información por error, por favor, proceda a su inmediata destrucción. Cualquier opinión o punto de vista contenido en este mensaje corresponde al remitente y necesariamente no representa la opinión del GRUPO XEROX.

    Enrique, Oct 3, 2003

  2. Enrique

    John J. Lee Guest

    "Enrique" <> writes:

    > After several years using windows, now i'm trying debian OS.
    > In windows i use pythonwin or activepython by the facility of a windows
    > environment, code completion, dot lists, and a easy help in activepython.
    >
    > There is something similar to install under linux?? i`m a newbie.

    IDE == Integrated Development Environment is the term you want.

    Too many to list. Use Google Groups to search this group -- something
    like:

    IDEs linux group:comp.lang.python

    Plain old Google will also turn up links.

    John

    John J. Lee, Oct 5, 2003

  3. Enrique schrieb:
    > Hello again.
    >
    > After several years using windows, now i'm trying debian OS.
    > In windows i use pythonwin or activepython by the facility of a windows
    > environment, code completion, dot lists, and a easy help in activepython.
    >
    > There is something similar to install under linux?? i`m a newbie.
    >
    > Thanks. Happy weekend.
    >
    > Enrique (Madrid)
    >

    > **AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD**
    > La información contenida en este mensaje y archivos es privada y confidencial estando dirigida solamente al destinatario. Si Ud. ha recibido esta información por error, por favor, proceda a su inmediata destrucción. Cualquier opinión o punto de vista contenido en este mensaje corresponde al remitente y necesariamente no representa la opinión del GRUPO XEROX.

    You have the choice:
    - Xemacs + python-mode (great editing, not so great python support, no
    debugging)
    - Boa Constructor (last time I checked it ran on Linux) + wxPython
    (which is a must have)
    - eric3 (Editor + Debugger + Refactoring tool + ...) + PyQt
    - IDLE, which comes with Python itself and uses Tk

    Those are only the ones which come to my mind instantly, of course there
    are many more..

    greets

    Torsten

    Torsten Marek, Oct 9, 2003