python-devel download and install

Brian Wallace

Hi Folks,

I am developing in Python version 2.5.2 and need to install and download
the python-devel library. (This is needed so I can build and install
mysql-python.) Where can I find find this module to download and
build/installation instructions? I have been unable to find the source
online to download.

I am not root on the box where I need to install this module so I need
the source (rpm/deb packages will not do).

Thank you in advance for the guidance!

-Brian

Martin v. Löwis

I am developing in Python version 2.5.2 and need to install and download
the python-devel library. (This is needed so I can build and install
mysql-python.) Where can I find find this module to download and
build/installation instructions? I have been unable to find the source
online to download.

I am not root on the box where I need to install this module so I need
the source (rpm/deb packages will not do).

The sources of Python 2.5.2 are available from

http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.5.2/Python-2.5.2.tar.bz2

The term "python-devel" specifically refers to a rpm/deb package,
though. You might need to layout the sources so that they meet your
needs (e.g. by installing them locally).

Regards,
Martin

Martin v. Löwis