Python Developers needed for Rackspace Managed Hosting-full time employment opportunities

Discussion in 'Python' started by amanda.recruiter@gmail.com, Nov 8, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello! Please feel free to forward this on to your network. All those
    interested in this position, please email me at
    Thanks!-Amanda Papp

    Python Developer
    Job Description: Rackspace is a highly awarded and respected managed
    web hosting company. We earned our place by approaching what we do
    from our customer’s point-of-view. We do more than just expertly
    support the technologies we provide (the servers, the devices, the
    data centers and the network); we also expertly support our customers.
    We call it Fanatical Support™. It’s a novel idea and it seems to work
    really well for all involved – our customers, our company and our
    employees.

    Home to more than 1,800 Rackers (known to the outside world as
    Rackspace employees), we’ve nearly doubled in size during the past
    year – that’s how rapidly we’re expanding. And the growth has happened
    without us acquiring other companies or being acquired by another
    company. If you’re paying attention, this kind of growth means that
    we’re hiring all the time.

    But just because we need to hire people, doesn’t mean we’ll let anyone
    in the place. There are a few prerequisites. You have to be pretty
    darn sharp. You need to like working hard. You should believe in
    Rackspace and Fanatical Support and in yourself. And you better love
    what you do, because we do.

    Our Core Values are:

    FANATICAL SUPPORTâ„¢ in all we do
    RESULTS first: substance over flash
    Embrace CHANGE for excellence
    PASSION for our work
    Keep our PROMISES
    We treat each other like FRIENDS and FAMILY
    Rackspace Managed Hosting is seeking a Python Developer to join our
    Open Source Environment. You would be part of a fast paced, cutting
    edge development team responsible for the future of our world class
    mission critical systems. Are you up for the challenge?

    Do you believe there is always a better way to solve a problem? Do you
    enjoy creating new innovative solutions to interesting problems? Do
    you like working with others in an agile environment creating
    solutions for the next generation? If so then you may be a Racker and
    you just don’t know it yet!

    Stuff you’ll need to be a star:

    Good enterprise web application development experience
    Sufficient object oriented programming experience
    Strong Python development experience or other dynamic language web
    development such as PHP or Javascript
    Enough Quality Assurance experience
    Know your way around a database – extra cool if you know SQL
    Driven to be part of the team creating the next great software
    solution
    Rackspace Managed Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
    , Nov 8, 2007

  2. Ben Finney Guest

    Please post Python jobs to the Python Job Board (was: Python Developers needed for...)

    "" <> writes:

    > Hello! Please feel free to forward this on to your network. All those
    > interested in this position, please email me at [...]

    This forum is not an appropriate place to post job
    advertisements. Instead, please use the Python Job Board
    <URL:http://www.python.org/community/jobs/>.

    --
    \ "A hundred times every day I remind myself that [...] I must |
    `\ exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have |
    Ben Finney, Nov 8, 2007