python-django for dynamic web survey?

chip9munk

Hi guys!

Please help me with your advices and ideas.

I need to create a web survey that will dynamically (randomly) select
questions and descriptions from a dataset, present them to users,
collect their answers and store them back in the dataset. (Every user
gets different set of questions randomly selested from the pool.)

Since I am very inexperienced with this stuff I want to ask you if you
thing that python (which I use) and django (which I have never used
before) would be a good way to do this easily? I have seen there are
some django survey and crowdsourcing librarires...

What do you think? Is there an easier way?
I would like some fast, clean, modifyAndDoNotCodeFromScratch solution.

Thanks!

andrea crotti

Django makes your life a lot easier in many ways, but you still need some
time to learn it.
The task you're trying it's not trivial though, depending on your
experience it might take a while with any library/framework..

chip9munk

Django makes your life a lot easier in many ways, but you still need
some time to learn it.
The task you're trying it's not trivial though, depending on your
experience it might take a while with any library/framework..

I have an overall experience with languages, frameworks etc. I was
hoping to get some simple example and than modify it to do what I need
it to do.

Jason Friedman

Hi guys!
Please help me with your advices and ideas.

I need to create a web survey that will dynamically (randomly) select
questions and descriptions from a dataset, present them to users, collect
their answers and store them back in the dataset. (Every user gets
different set of questions randomly selested from the pool.)

How random do the questions need to be? Is a handful or two different
combinations sufficient? Can you manually create these different surveys
using, for example, surveymonkey, and distribute them?

chip9munk

How random do the questions need to be? Is a handful or two different
combinations sufficient? Can you manually create these different
surveys using, for example, surveymonkey, and distribute them?

There are a lot possible combinations and questions so I would have to
create a large number of them, so I guess automatic generation is a
better way.

Thanks for the idea anyway!