python docs for beginner programmer?

Deep_Feelings

Starting to learn python and because i don't want to read something
twice (i get bored quickly) i need a source to learn python that is as
comprehensive as possible.

Do you think python online docs are good starting point for me? ( i
experience with other programming languages ) or should i get giant
book or something ?

thankx

Deep_Feelings

In message

Why not try them and see?

thank you

should i try them then after a month of reading i discover that they
are - for example - not suitable for beginners OR should i ask here
first ? :)

Gökhan SEVER

Hey,

I am a person who gets bored too quickly, too especially reading
technical materials, and if the author(s) have the habit of wondering
off the subject often. So far, I like Wesley Chun's Core Python book
the most as a Python beginner like you. He also has video training
material on the same subject. Easy to read, very well explanations and
good chosen examples...

That said, after getting a few months of familiarity, I want to get
into the roots of the Python. So where else could be the best choice
but the actual language user guide and reference manual :)

Enjoy your Python programming adventures...

Gökhan

Napalmski

You should take on the task of educating yourself. The official Python
docs are an excellent resource. If you're self-admittedly someone who
gets bored quickly, though, that's not a problem anyone but you can
solve.

Been doing Python for a week or so now and I must agree that the
official python docs are a fantastic resource.
I'm not sure how good they would be for someone with no previous
programming language experience but they seem to be pretty thourough, at
least for one beginning the language.
http://docs.python.org/tutorial/index.html

Gabriel Genellina

Do you think python online docs are good starting point for me? ( i
experience with other programming languages ) or should i get giant
book or something ?

If you have some previous experience with other languages, I think that
"Dive into Python" would be a good resource.

Deep_Feelings

that is good ,thank you

anyone did that ? learning from python docs straight away ?

Michele Simionato

that is good ,thank you

anyone did that ? learning from python docs straight away ?

A lot of people did. I did, but I usually prefer reading user manuals
over books, and YMMV.