  1. r holland

    r holland Guest

    My nine word description of the python language.

    r holland, Aug 22, 2004

  2. r holland

    Gary Herron Guest

    On Sunday 22 August 2004 11:55 am, r holland wrote:
    > My nine word description of the python language.

    Huh ... Either you've got that backward, or I completely misunderstand
    what you're trying to say?

    Gary Herron, Aug 22, 2004

  3. r holland

    Paul McGuire Guest

    "Gary Herron" <> wrote in message
    > On Sunday 22 August 2004 11:55 am, r holland wrote:
    > > My nine word description of the python language.

    > Huh ... Either you've got that backward, or I completely misunderstand
    > what you're trying to say?

    Maybe Gary meant "letters" like when I write a letter to my wife, it is
    composed of words, so words are building blocks which one uses to compose
    letters. ? :)

    Just kidding, it's a good intention.

    -- Paul
    (Just looking for a little levity on c.l.py today... Everyone is getting so
    *serious*!)

    Paul McGuire, Aug 22, 2004
  4. r holland

    Neuruss Guest

    > My nine word description of the python language.

    Huh? I guess you mean:
    "C is to Python as letters are to words"
    or
    "Python is to C as words are to letters"

    Am I right?

    Neuruss, Aug 23, 2004
  5. Yes! I totally agree. One of Python's hats is "the ultimate C scripting
    language."
    On this note, has anyone written something along the lines of "Companion to
    the C Python implementation"? Source code comments are great, but there is
    so much more that one could say about the theory, big ideas, the creative
    solutions that people came up with, etc...

    David

    David Pokorny, Aug 23, 2004
  6. r holland

    Rene Pijlman Guest

    Paul McGuire:
    >Maybe Gary meant "letters" like when I write a letter to my wife,

    Do you think he meant performance? How often do you write letters to your
    wife, and how long does it take you?

    --
    René Pijlman

    Rene Pijlman, Aug 23, 2004
  7. r holland

    Paul McGuire Guest

    "Rene Pijlman" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Paul McGuire:
    > >Maybe Gary meant "letters" like when I write a letter to my wife,

    > Do you think he meant performance? How often do you write letters to your
    > wife, and how long does it take you?
    >
    > --
    > René Pijlman

    Let's leave "performance" out of this!! :)

    -- Paul

    Paul McGuire, Aug 23, 2004
  8. David Pokorny wrote:
    > On this note, has anyone written something along the lines of
    > "Companion to the C Python implementation"?

    Certainly would've helped at the weekend... ;-)

    Michael.
    --

    British Broadcasting Corporation, Research and Development
    Kingswood Warren, Surrey KT20 6NP

    This message (and any attachments) may contain personal views
    which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.

    Michael Sparks, Aug 23, 2004