Python-related conferences?

Michael Teter

My web search for future Python-related conferences has turned up
nothing. I see plenty about previous conferences, but nothing for the
future.

Can anyone point me toward some list of conferences? I'm looking for
Python, possibly Zope, possibly Plone, and even other modern web and
system development topics.

Thanks,
Michael

Andrew Dalke

Michael Teter:
Can anyone point me toward some list of conferences? I'm looking for
Python, possibly Zope, possibly Plone, and even other modern web and
system development topics.

PyCon DC 2004
http://www.python.org/pycon/dc2004/
About 1/2 Zope/web and 1/2 "other"

OSCON (can't find a site for next year's conference)

The Plone conference is in a couple weeks
http://plone.org/events/conferences/1

EuroPython is being planned. I think the idea
is to meet in Gothenburg, Sweden in Aug of next year.
http://europython.org/
About 1/2 Zope/web and 1/2 "other"

There are other things you can find, like there was a
Zope BBQ in Germany last year, and there are local
meetings like local python user group meetings which
talk Zope.

Personally, I'm surprised at just how many people use
Python through Zope, given how little I use that tool.

Andrew
(e-mail address removed)

Michael Hudson

Michael Teter said:
My web search for future Python-related conferences has turned up
nothing. I see plenty about previous conferences, but nothing for the
future.

Can anyone point me toward some list of conferences? I'm looking for
Python, possibly Zope, possibly Plone, and even other modern web and
system development topics.

Where abouts in the world are you? You sound an ideal customer for
EuroPython, the next iteration of which will most likely be held in
Gothenbourg, Sweden 7-9 June 2004.

Yes, we should be telling more people about this...

Cheers,
mwh