Python script setup

2

2Good4You-Veki(Cro)

Hi all,

When I want setup my script:

I write:

from distutils.core import setup
setup(name="myscript",
version='1.0',
scripts=["myscripts.py"])

or some else example,error is

Traceback (most recent call last):
setup(name="myscript",
version='1.0',
scripts=["myscripts.py"])
File "C:\Python24\distutils\core.py", line 101, in setup
_setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)
File "C:\Python24\distutils\dist.py", line 130, in __init__
setattr(self, method_name, getattr(self.metadata, method_name))
AttributeError: DistributionMetadata instance has no attribute
'get___doc__'

John Machin

2Good4You-Veki(Cro) said:
Hi all,

When I want setup my script:

I write:

from distutils.core import setup
setup(name="myscript",
version='1.0',
scripts=["myscripts.py"])

or some else example,error is

Traceback (most recent call last):

Do you get the same result if you put those Python statements in a file
(typically named setup.py) and run it in the Windows "Command Prompt"
window as shown in the manual:

http://docs.python.org/inst/standard-install.html

instead of using pyshell? Where/how are you supplying the "install"
argument when using pyshell?
setup(name="myscript",
version='1.0',
scripts=["myscripts.py"])
File "C:\Python24\distutils\core.py", line 101, in setup

My distutils is where I'd expect it to be (C:\Python24\Lib\distutils)
because that's where the standard Python installation puts it relative
to my choice of the Python installation directory (C:\Python24).
How did yours end up like that? Did you download distutils and install
it as a separate package? If so, how did you install it?
What version of Python are you using?
_setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)
File "C:\Python24\distutils\dist.py", line 130, in __init__
setattr(self, method_name, getattr(self.metadata, method_name))
AttributeError: DistributionMetadata instance has no attribute
'get___doc__'

HTH,
John