Python supported web hosting?

Jeff Wagner

Does anyone know of a good web hosting company who supports Python? When I finally get my numerology
program written, I would like to put it on my web site for everyone to be able to use but my present
web host only supports Perl CGI scripts.

Jeff

Dang Griffith

if you google for "Python hosting" and use the "I feel lucky"
option, you'll end up here:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/PythonHosting

</F>
I'm using ICDSoft, which is listed on the wiki above. It's
inexpensive ($5/month) and their support has been top notch (compared
to my previous (and more costly) host, websytz). The downside is that
it's cgi only (i.e., not Zope or mod_python), and it's only Python
1.5.2.

Having said that... the wiki says they will upgrade on a per-server
basis. When I asked them about that some months ago, they said they
don't do that. Does anyone here have experience with them upgrading,
and if so, what hoops do I need to jump through? I keep giving myself
grief when I have to retro-engineer my 2.2+ code back to 1.5.2.

--dang

Irmen de Jong

Jeff said:
Does anyone know of a good web hosting company who supports Python? When I finally get my numerology
program written, I would like to put it on my web site for everyone to be able to use but my present
web host only supports Perl CGI scripts.

I'm hosting a site with Python-hosting.com, and have been quite happy
indeed. Remi's response to queries is fast and to the point and the
hosting is very flexible. I'm running my own python web server software
(but you can choose for a whole load of pre-installed servers such as
webware, spyce, cherrypy...) and it's even possible to compile and
install custom modules yourself if they are not available.

--Irmen