Python Utils - A simple config file parser and output object

Discussion in 'Python' started by Fuzzyman, Jan 7, 2004.

  1. Fuzzyman

    Fuzzyman Guest

    A couple of little scripts I've written for my python project
    (AAAcontroller - see www.atlantibots.org.uk) might be useful to others
    - so I've stuck them up on the web :

    They're my new config object - ConfigObj - and my output object
    StandOut.......

    ConfigObj parses and updates simple config files (including multiple
    values for keywords, preserving comments, and updating sections of the
    file).
    StandOut is an output object that can print messages to the screen
    *and* to a logfile.....

    Fuzzy

    --

    http://www.Voidspace.org.uk
    The Place where headspace meets cyberspace. Online resource site -

    ---
    http://www.atlantibots.org.uk
    Atlantibots - stomping across the worlds of Atlantis.
    ---
    http://www.fuchsiashockz.co.uk
    ---

    Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow talent
    to the dark place where it leads. -Erica Jong
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.
    -Milan Kundera

    Fuzzyman, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Fuzzyman

    Fuzzyman Guest

    I've done a slight update to these (v1.0.1 :) a couple of bugfixes
    and added a couple of small but nifty features........ (all to
    ConfigObj)

    I have to use google groups to post these messages as our work
    firewall block nntp.... I'm thinking of building a newsgroup reader
    that uses google groups via http but provides a better interface...
    anyone interested ??

    Fuzzy

    Fuzzyman, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Fuzzyman

    JanC Guest

    (Fuzzyman) schreef:

    > I have to use google groups to post these messages as our work
    > firewall block nntp.... I'm thinking of building a newsgroup reader
    > that uses google groups via http but provides a better interface...
    > anyone interested ??

    Some news servers allow connections on port 80 or other alternatives.
    (The free news.readfreenews.net server does, but it doesn't allow posting,)

    Also comp.lang.python is linked to the python mailing list:
    <http://python.org/community/lists.html>

    --
    JanC

    JanC, Jan 9, 2004
  4. Fuzzyman

    Fuzzyman Guest

    [snip..]

    > Some news servers allow connections on port 80 or other alternatives.
    > (The free news.readfreenews.net server does, but it doesn't allow posting,)

    Interesting... I wonder if I'll be able to configure free agent to read from it :)

    > Also comp.lang.python is linked to the python mailing list:
    > <http://python.org/community/lists.html>

    I don't think I could cope with all of this group by email... but thanks.

    Fuzzyman

    Fuzzyman, Jan 13, 2004