python xmp toolkit question

Discussion in 'Python' started by Guest, Mar 4, 2011.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Is anyone here using the Python XMP Toolkit? I'm trying to install
    this and having problems.

    First, I tried installing Exempi. The website says to do the following:
    ../configure
    make
    sudo make install

    but for Mac OS X they say to do one of these (I'm installing it on Leopard
    and hopefully Snow Leopard next):
    ../configure --with-darwinports
    ../configure --with-fink

    I ended up trying both of these options, but in the end I get:
    checking for Boost headers version >= 1.33.0... no
    configure: error: Could not find Boost headers version >= 1.33.0

    I'm assuming Boost hasn't been installed and maybe that's why I can't use
    the Make command? (when I run 'make' I get: make: *** No targets specified
    and no makefile found. Stop.).

    I'm hoping someone can give me some pointers on installing this.

    Thanks for looking at my questions.

    Jay

    Guest, Mar 4, 2011