python xmp toolkit question

Guest

Is anyone here using the Python XMP Toolkit? I'm trying to install
this and having problems.

First, I tried installing Exempi. The website says to do the following:
../configure
make
sudo make install

but for Mac OS X they say to do one of these (I'm installing it on Leopard
and hopefully Snow Leopard next):
../configure --with-darwinports
../configure --with-fink

I ended up trying both of these options, but in the end I get:
checking for Boost headers version >= 1.33.0... no
configure: error: Could not find Boost headers version >= 1.33.0

I'm assuming Boost hasn't been installed and maybe that's why I can't use
the Make command? (when I run 'make' I get: make: *** No targets specified
and no makefile found. Stop.).

I'm hoping someone can give me some pointers on installing this.

Thanks for looking at my questions.

Jay