PythonWin: error message and endless printing

Discussion in 'Python' started by Hertha Steck, Oct 9, 2006.

  1. Hertha Steck

    Hertha Steck Guest

    Using Python 2.5 with pywin32 build 210 on Windows XP Home, first try with
    PythonWin after installation of this version. Here are the header lines
    from the interactive window:

    PythonWin 2.5 (r25:51908, Sep 19 2006, 09:52:17) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
    on win32.
    Portions Copyright 1994-2006 Mark Hammond - see 'Help/About PythonWin' for
    further copyright information.

    If I try to print my script using the print button in the toolbar I get the
    following warning:

    >>> C

    \Programme\Python25\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\scintilla\view.py:641:
    DeprecationWarning: 'L' format requires 0 <= number <= 4294967295
    fr = struct.pack('LLIIIIIIIIll', hdcRender, hdcFormat, rc[0], rc[1],
    rc[2], rc[3], rc[0], rc[1], rc[2], rc[3], pageStart, lengthDoc)

    And then the printer prints one page after another just with the header and
    nothing else. The printer window shows 60 pages for the job - the script
    hasn't even 60 lines. I didn't wait to see if it would stop after 60
    pages ...

    Printing from the print preview or from the print dialog called by the
    "Print..." menu entry works faultlessly. Which is quite a good workaround,
    but no long time solution.

    Google didn't produce anything similar, so might it be something local? But
    what? Not the printer itself, same problem with two different ones.
    Hertha Steck, Oct 9, 2006