Q; Accessing AD in ASP.Net

JIM.H.

Accessing AD in ASP.Net
1. It sees I can I access Active Directory catalog from asp.net, is the
version of AD important for this?
2. Do I need to have a domain user for that or IIS will be accessing it?
3. If I need to create a domain user, doe sit have to be domain admin?
4. How can I restrict this user’s access only for read for only AD access?

Guest

Accessing AD in ASP.Net
1.      It sees I can I access Active Directory catalog from asp.net, is the
version of AD important for this?
2.      Do I need to have a domain user for that or IIS will be accessing it?
3.      If I need to create a domain user, doe sit have to be domain admin?
4.      How can I restrict this user’s access only for read for only AD access?

1. Active Directory must be compatible with your computer, I guess.
2. In most cases you would need to have a domain user.
3. No, you can delegate rights to create users in AD to non-domain
admins
4. In AD

I suggest you post in microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory
or a similar, for more expert help with this, as it's something you'd
need to manage in AD rather than at the ASP.NET.

Also please check threads in microsoft.­public.­dotnet.­framework.­
aspnet.­security

Hope this helps