Q: application in D drive

Guest

Hello,
I have installed visual studio .net in C: drive and want to have my
application in D: drive, I could not open my application in D: driver, it
says some .Net component might be missing, D is a local disk, and the same
application in C: drive has no problem. what is problem?
Thanks,
Jim.

Jeff Dillon

You created the project on your D: drive? Or copied it later?

And what is the exact error?

Jeff

Guest

Yes, I coppied the application from C: drive. here is teh message.

visual studio .Net cannot create or open the application. The likeliest
problem is that required components are not installed on the local web
server. Run visual studio .net setup and add web development components.

Jeff Dillon

Do you copy the entire directory and subfolders?

JIM.H. said:
Yes, I coppied the application from C: drive. here is teh message.

visual studio .Net cannot create or open the application. The likeliest
problem is that required components are not installed on the local web
server. Run visual studio .net setup and add web development components.

Jeff Dillon

Is this a web application?

Can you just create a new project, and use the D: drive when you create it?
Then copy in any files you need.

Jeff

Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Did you find the solutions to this problem. I am having the same problem. Please let me know.