query string

Guest

hell

I've an ASP.Net page that, by the action of one submit button, redirects from one Web form to another passin
in the query string one value that will be processed in the later web form
So far so good

My question derives from the fact that, because I'm using portuguese keyboard layout and language, some special characters cannot be passed on the query string unless I escape them..

To eliminate this, on the onclick event of the button I've an instruction that redirects to another page passing the valu
escaped using the function escape of javascript
But when in ASP.Net code behind I try to access that key whose value whas escaped those special characters disappear

Example: imagine that my button has something like this... onClick="window.location='home.aspx?key=diário'
when in code behind of home.aspx i try to access my key using request.querystring.get("key") the value returned omits the thir
character wich is a portuguese special character..

can you help me here?!?
best regards

Curt_C [MVP]

few ways, one might be to store the vlue in a DB and pass the ID, then
retirieve it

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

Jorge Ribeiro said:
hello

I've an ASP.Net page that, by the action of one submit button, redirects
from one Web form to another passing
in the query string one value that will be processed in the later web form.
So far so good.

My question derives from the fact that, because I'm using portuguese
keyboard layout and language, some special characters cannot be passed on
the query string unless I escape them...
To eliminate this, on the onclick event of the button I've an instruction
that redirects to another page passing the value
escaped using the function escape of javascript.
But when in ASP.Net code behind I try to access that key whose value whas
escaped those special characters disappear.
Example: imagine that my button has something like this... onClick="window.location='home.aspx?key=diário'"
when in code behind of home.aspx i try to access my key using
request.querystring.get("key") the value returned omits the third