    with an SQL interface so command aren't needed to be changed in my ASP.NET
    page with adding SQL 2000 Server later...

    Any help...

    lewi, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Hello

    You can start with MSDE (Miscrosoft Desktop Engine) which is a free version
    of SQL server 2000, with lower performance and reduced features. But it is
    good for development and testing purposes.

    Read about it and download it here
    http://www.microsoft.com/sql/msde/default.asp

    Best regards,
    Sherif

    "lewi" <> wrote in message
    > I am just starting to use ASP.NET(C#) with VS.NET 2002 Pro on Win2000

    Server
    > and spend only little time with MySQL while working with PHP. Now I am

    only
    > using all this for developement/learning and only on the localhost. I

    would

    Sherif ElMetainy, Dec 4, 2003

  3. lewi

    lewi Guest

    lewi, Dec 4, 2003
  4. lewi

    lewi Guest

    > > Read about it and download it here
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/sql/msde/default.asp

    > Thanks, I will try that out...

    Ok, I installed it but I don't know where to do next...

    What do I do now to setup a DB. Install MS Access 2000?...

    When I have a DB should I be able to make SQL call from ASP.NET app to
    access the DB?

    Any more help?

    lewi, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Hello

    MSDE doesn't come with GUI clients (Entreprise manager , Query analyzer,
    etc)
    You can connect to it using osql command line utility, or using ASP.NET (or
    any Sql Client).
    You can use visual studio too, to design tables, etc

    Best regards,
    Sherif

    Sherif ElMetainy, Dec 5, 2003
  6. lewi

    lewi Guest

    > You can connect to it using osql command line utility, or using ASP.NET
    (or
    > any Sql Client).
    > You can use visual studio too, to design tables, etc

    Thanks alot for the great help... I will look at sample ASP.NET apps to
    learn how to access the DB and see if I can create a DB in VS...

    Thanks again...

    lewi, Dec 5, 2003