Question about secured website

Joe

Hi,

We want to build a couple of secured pages which will be viewable only to
those who have an account. One way of implementing the security is using
session cookies (temporary cookies). When a user logs in a session cookie is
created. When the browser window is closed the session cookie disappears.
This way when the browser is closed the session is over. So that even if one
tries to copy and past the URL of a secured page, they won’t be able to view
the page unless they log in.

Is there any other way of building a secured website that will work just
like I described above ( session should be over as soon as browser window is
close)?

Thanks,

Joe

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Joe said:
Hi,

We want to build a couple of secured pages which will be viewable only to
those who have an account. One way of implementing the security is using
session cookies (temporary cookies). When a user logs in a session cookie
is
created. When the browser window is closed the session cookie disappears.
This way when the browser is closed the session is over. So that even if
one
tries to copy and past the URL of a secured page, they won't be able to
view
the page unless they log in.

Is there any other way of building a secured website that will work just
like I described above ( session should be over as soon as browser window
is
close)?

You could just as well use Windows security with Basic or Windows Integrated
authentication in IIS. You would then lock down NTFS permissions on your
content files, giving Read access only to the appropriate users or groups.

Bullschmidt

Perhaps this may hopefully give you some ideas:

Classic ASP Design Tips - Login Page
http://www.bullschmidt.com/devtip-loginpage.asp

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com