    anyone point me to a good resource or give me a clue?

    Thanks!
    Anthony

    Anthony Papillion, Dec 1, 2008

  2. Anthony Papillion

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Anthony Papillion wrote:
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I've just taken on a project to develop a piece of software in classic
    > ASP. While I have the rest of the development process firmly under
    > control, I'm not sure how to use REST resources in classic ASP. I've
    > done a Google search and can't find anything that addresses it. Can
    > anyone point me to a good resource or give me a clue?

    Maybe you can start by telling us what "REST resources" are?

    --
    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows, Dec 1, 2008

  3. > Maybe you can start by telling us what "REST resources" are?

    Hi Bob,

    REST is a way to communicate and exchange data over plain old HTTP
    without the need for XML or SOAP. It's been around since about 2000
    but hasn't seen much wide use until pretty recently. Yahoo's API is a
    good example of how REST can be used to communicate and exchange data.

    You can find out more at the Wikipedia article here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REST

    Hope that helps!
    Anthony

    Anthony Papillion, Dec 1, 2008
  4. Anthony Papillion

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Anthony Papillion wrote:
    >> Maybe you can start by telling us what "REST resources" are?

    > Hi Bob,
    >
    > REST is a way to communicate and exchange data over plain old HTTP
    > without the need for XML or SOAP. It's been around since about 2000
    > but hasn't seen much wide use until pretty recently. Yahoo's API is a
    > good example of how REST can be used to communicate and exchange data.
    >
    > You can find out more at the Wikipedia article here:
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REST

    I had found that myself, but I'm still in the dark as to specifically
    what the OP is asking for. is he asking how to call a web service?
    --
    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows, Dec 1, 2008
  5. Anthony Papillion

    Neil Gould Guest

    Anthony Papillion wrote:
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I've just taken on a project to develop a piece of software in classic
    > ASP. While I have the rest of the development process firmly under
    > control, I'm not sure how to use REST resources in classic ASP. I've
    > done a Google search and can't find anything that addresses it. Can
    > anyone point me to a good resource or give me a clue?

    You will need to conform your REST resources to one or more of the datatypes
    that can be processed by classic ASP.

    A good place to start is here:

    http://asp101.com

    --