Question about using REST resources in classic ASP

Anthony Papillion

Hello Everyone,

I've just taken on a project to develop a piece of software in classic
ASP. While I have the rest of the development process firmly under
control, I'm not sure how to use REST resources in classic ASP. I've
done a Google search and can't find anything that addresses it. Can
anyone point me to a good resource or give me a clue?

Thanks!
Anthony

Bob Barrows

Anthony said:
Hello Everyone,

I've just taken on a project to develop a piece of software in classic
ASP. While I have the rest of the development process firmly under
control, I'm not sure how to use REST resources in classic ASP. I've
done a Google search and can't find anything that addresses it. Can
anyone point me to a good resource or give me a clue?
Maybe you can start by telling us what "REST resources" are?

Anthony Papillion

Maybe you can start by telling us what "REST resources" are?

Hi Bob,

REST is a way to communicate and exchange data over plain old HTTP
without the need for XML or SOAP. It's been around since about 2000
but hasn't seen much wide use until pretty recently. Yahoo's API is a
good example of how REST can be used to communicate and exchange data.

You can find out more at the Wikipedia article here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REST

Hope that helps!
Anthony

Bob Barrows

Anthony said:
Hi Bob,

REST is a way to communicate and exchange data over plain old HTTP
without the need for XML or SOAP. It's been around since about 2000
but hasn't seen much wide use until pretty recently. Yahoo's API is a
good example of how REST can be used to communicate and exchange data.

You can find out more at the Wikipedia article here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REST
I had found that myself, but I'm still in the dark as to specifically
what the OP is asking for. is he asking how to call a web service?

Neil Gould

Anthony said:
Hello Everyone,

I've just taken on a project to develop a piece of software in classic
ASP. While I have the rest of the development process firmly under
control, I'm not sure how to use REST resources in classic ASP. I've
done a Google search and can't find anything that addresses it. Can
anyone point me to a good resource or give me a clue?
You will need to conform your REST resources to one or more of the datatypes
that can be processed by classic ASP.

A good place to start is here:

http://asp101.com