Question on FIFO

Amit

Hello group,

Does anybody know what a single port FIFO is? I need to implement a
VHDL code for this matter but I must understand what it is first.
Either link or any online source.

Your help is appreciated
Amit

Mike Treseler

Amit said:
Does anybody know what a single port FIFO is?

That would be a FINO
First In, Never Out :)
I need to implement a
VHDL code for this matter but I must understand what it is first.

That's a good plan.
Ask the prof.
Maybe he means a bidirectional port.

-- Mike Treseler

Paul Uiterlinden

Amit said:
Hello group,

Does anybody know what a single port FIFO is?

Never heard of it. I would guess it is a FIFO with a combined read/write
port. An input such as RWN (Read/write-not) should control the direction of
the port.

A least you don't have to worry about clock domain crossings, as there can
only be one clock with a combined read/write port.