question on generics, constants in vhdl

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by geoffrey wall, Oct 1, 2005.

  1. suppose I want calculate the log2(N)
    were N is an integer valued generic parameter
    in my design, now, lets say i would like to
    use log2(N) as a parameter in a for ... generate
    statement, is there a way to do this?
    I dont want the log2(N) to be synthesized into my
    hardware, i just want to use the result in a loop
    --
    Geoffrey Wall
    Masters Student in Electrical/Computer Engineering

    Cell Phone:
    850.339.4157

    ECE Machine Intelligence Lab
    http://www.eng.fsu.edu/mil
    MIL Office Phone:
    850.410.6145

    Center for Applied Vision and Imaging Science
    http://cavis.fsu.edu/
    CAVIS Office Phone:
    850.645.2257

    geoffrey wall, Oct 1, 2005